What is Bedrock Vocabulary?
Bedrock Vocabulary is an online curriculum that teaches vocabulary whilst encouraging reading. We teach students the academic words they need to succeed in school.
Bedrock Vocabulary is designed for students from 6 to 16 years old.
There is a direct link between a pupil’s vocabulary size and their academic achievement. Narrow vocabularies affect pupils’ grades. Helping students to improve and widen their academic vocabulary is essential if outcomes are to improve.
- Ready-made vocabulary curriculum
- Teaches essential Tier 2 & task words
- New language taught in multi-modal, engaging ways
- Spaced learning algorithm supports long-term retention of new language
- Encourages reading & comprehension practice
- Self marking & time efficient
- Provides comprehensive vocabulary assessment
- Badges & certificates reward progress
- Provides word-level data for individual students, classes, groups and the whole school
- Allows data-driven interventions
- Facilitates parental engagement with language learning