What is Bedrock Vocabulary?
Bedrock Vocabulary is a vocabulary curriculum which teaches vocabulary explicitly, whilst encouraging reading. We teach students the academic vocabulary they need to succeed in school.
Bedrock Vocabulary is designed for students from 6 to 16 years old.
There is a direct link between a pupil’s vocabulary size and their academic achievement. Narrow vocabularies affect pupils’ grades. Helping students to improve and widen their academic vocabulary is essential if outcomes are to improve.
- Ready made vocabulary curriculum
- Teaches hundreds of tier 2 words & task words
- New language taught in multi-modal, engaging ways
- Spaced learning algorithm supports long term retention of new language
- Encourages reading and comprehension practice
- Self marking & time efficient
- Provides comprehensive vocabulary assessment
- Badges & Certificates to reward progress
- Provides word level data for individual students, classes, groups and the whole school
- Allows data driven interventions
- Facilitates parental engagement with language learning